We are currently seeking a Senior Planner/Project Manager to work full time for Latitude 33 Planning and Engineering. This candidate should have a strong understanding of urban, suburban, and rural planning and land use principals and the ability to navigate the discretionary permit process for all municipalities in San Diego County. Candidate should have bachelor’s degree in either urban planning, landscape architecture, architecture, public policy and/or a related degree.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Five to Ten years of experience.
• Experience in writing and reviewing land use documents.
• Possess a strong sense of collaboration.
• Project Management experience.
• Excellent writing and research skills.
• Understanding of local and state development codes and zoning regulations, including CEQA.
• Ability to communicate effectively with city and county officials, clients and co-workers.
• Capable of working on several projects or issues simultaneously.
• Lead large, complex projects through the entitlement process.
• Manage teams of consultants.
• Coordinate with Agency staff.
• Prepare and present detailed site analysis, due diligence packages, exhibits and reports.
• Advise citizens and developers during the application process to ensure compliance with jurisdictional regulations.
• Prepare and present projects to Community Planning groups, Planning Commission and City Council.
• Prepare proposals, including scopes of work and participate in the expansion of client base.
Latitude 33 Planning and Engineering is an established land planning and civil engineering firm, providing comprehensive services that range from conceptual land planning to detailed engineering, grading and infrastructure design, as well as construction support to both the private and public sectors of the land development market. Our experience includes the planning and design of residential, educational facilities, hospitals, biotechnology, commercial, office, industrial, and mixed-use developments. Planning and civil engineering are closely integrated for a comprehensive interdisciplinary team approach to a project’s design.
Latitude 33 offers a full benefit package including medical and dental insurance, Life and LTD insurance, 4 ½ day workweek, 401k matching and a Profit Sharing Plan.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com